East Mackay homeowner suffers remorse after choosing a light coloured lounge suite …
If you are like our customers in East Mackay, your friends and relatives probably gave you some grief when you showed them your new, light-coloured lounge suite. Did they tell you that you made a poor decision because your new lounge would show every mark and stain?
Why you may want to buy a light-coloured lounge suite or sofa
Light-coloured furniture can create the illusion of a larger space, which is why it is often a favoured choice, despite its reputation for being prone to showing dirt and stains.
The bad news is that staining is inevitable, no matter the colour of the upholstery on your sofa!
The good news is that professional upholstery cleaning can typically remove dirt and stains from both light and dark lounges.
The healthy habit of using a professional upholstery cleaner
The East Mackay homeowner admits their cream coloured couches do take more effort to clean, but a visible stain can also be a good thing.
It reminds them not to wait any longer before calling an expert to clean their lounge.
Lounge manufacturers recommend using a professional upholstery cleaner every 6-12 months. That way your lounge will look and smell fresh, be healthier and have a longer lifespan.
How to take care of light-coloured upholstery
Between professional cleans, here is what you can do to maintain the cleanliness of your light-coloured lounge:
- Before cleaning your fabric sofa, check the care instructions usually found at the bottom; these can guide you how best to clean it.
- You can use a washable slip cover to protect your light-coloured couch.
- Treat spills as soon as they happen and before they set in.
- Ask family members to make sure their feet are clean before propping them up on the sofa.
- Vacuum your lounge or sofa regularly.
Here is how Mark from Chemdry Vision cleaned a cream coloured couch in East Mackay
His aim was to remove body oil and dirt, especially on the armrests. These parts get the dirtiest due to sweat build up that is a problem in Mackay’s humid climate.
Before images of the couches in East Mackay showing visible sweat stains
- The first step was to vacuum the sofa thoroughly.
- Next, Mark applied Chemdry’s Grease and Oil Remover to remove body oil and dirt from the couch, especially on the arm rests.
- Mark sprayed the product evenly over the surface, allowing a few minutes dwell time but not letting it dry. Mark used a scrubbing brush after the product was sprayed on the fabric to get rid of tough stains
- He then used the warm water extraction method, recommended by most manufacturers to extract the dirt from the couches.
After images, the customer was pleased with the end result and would recommend Chemdry Vision to friends and family.